1．It will be Grandma’s sixtieth birthday. We are going to buy a big birthday cake for her.
2．The students are having a computer lesson now.
3．Our monitor is the fastest runner in our class.
4．A teacher is teaching English now.
5．Smoking is harmful to people’s health.
6．Sue is very interested in listening to pop music.
7. W：Why are you in such a hurry, Mr. White?
M：I’ll fly to Beijing tonight. I must get everything ready before 6 o’clock.
Q：How will Mr. White go to Beijing?
8. M：The plane leaves at 6:00p.m. Do we have time to eat breakfast?
W：No. We only have forty minutes left.
Q：What time is it now?
9. M：Does Betty live on the eighth floor?
W：No. Cathy lives on the eighth floor. Betty lives one floor higher than her.
Q：Which floor does Betty live on?
10. M：What’s the matter, Mary? You don’t look well.
W：I feel sick. I think I have got a bad cold.
Q：How was Mary?
11. W：Tomorrow is Mother’s Day. What will you do for your mother, Bob？
M：I will invite her to go out for dinner. What about you, Jenny?
W：I will make a big chocolate cake for her.
Q：What will Jenny do for her mother on Mother’s Day?
12. W：It’s freezing cold today. I hope it will get warmer. I need something hot to drink.
M：Why not do some exercise? I think you will feel better.
Q：What is the weather like?
13. W：Sam, is there anything good on tonight?
M：Let me see. Ah, there is a new film at the City Cinema at seven fifteen.
W：How about going to see it?
Q：What are they going to do this evening?
14. W：Where are you leaving for?
M：I’m leaving for my hometown.
W：Who are you going to see?
M：I’m going to see my grandfather. I usually go to see him once a year.
Q：How often does he go to see his grandfather?
15. M：Hi, Jane. I haven’t seen you for a long time. Where have you been?
W：I’ve been to London and stayed there for a year.
M：Really? Why did you go there?
W：My aunt was sick and needed help.
Q：Why did Jane go to London?
16. M：What time does the train leave for Boston?
W：At 9:25 on Track 12.
M：When does it arrive?
W：It should be there at 11:45, but it may be a little late.
M：How much is a one-way ticket?
W：It’s 32 dollars.
Q：How long does it take to get to Boston?