牛津版八年级英语上册Unit8 Natural disasters教案
1. To learn the new words and phrases
2. To meet the past continuous tense
3. Talk about some natural disaster.
Step 1 Presentation
1. Show some pictures to learn some words.
2. Then read aloud the new words.
disaster mop up earthquake thousands of accident coach crash
flood wash away village lightning storm thunder catch fire
Step 2 Listen and answer
1. Listen to the tape and answer the follow questions.
1) What’s the weather like?
2) What happened to Hobo?
3) What was Hobo doing when it started to rain?
4) Did Hobo hear the rain?
5) Why doesn’t he want to go home alone?
6) What do you think of Hobo?
2. Read the dialogue in pairs.
3. Act it out.
Step 3 Look and choose
Which headlines are about natural disasters?
1. School football team loses final
2. Earthquake kills thousands of people
3. Car accident kills three men
4. coach crashes into tree
5. Flood washes away village
6. Lightning starts big fire in classroom building
7. Young boy falls from tree and hurts legs
8. Big storm kills 20 people
Step 4 Listening
1. Listen to part B and answer the following question.
1) What happened to Vivien’s school?
2) When did it happen?
2. Read after the recorder.
3. Pratice in pairs.
4. Act it out.
5. Make their own dialogue.