II. Choose the best answer
22. Which of the following underlined parts is different from the others in pronunciation?
A. country B. outside C. young D. touch
23. The man is architect in university.
A. an; an B. a, a C. a, an D. an, a
24. The boy’s ambition is a pilot, but his hobby is stamps.
A. being, collecting B. to be, to collect
C. being, to collect D. to be, collecting
25. Mary was very excited to receive a letter her penfriend yesterday.
A. for B. to C. from D. by
26. The movie made me .
A. boring, boring B. bored, bored
C. boring, bored D. bored, boring
27. As well all know that bad things sometimes good persons.
A. happen on B. happened on
C. happen with D. happen to
28. More than students took part in the sports meeting last week.
A. two hundreds B. hundreds of
C. two hundred D. two hundred of
29. The boy is the maths problem, but he hasn’t .
A. working on, worked out B. working on, worked it out
C. working out, worked on D. working out, worked it on
30. Wendy Wang always tries her best to achieve A grades every subject.
A. on B. in C. with D. to
31. After a long walk, you hungry, so have something to eat.
A. maybe B. may be C. must be D. can’t be
32. This kind of vegetables well because it is .
A. sell, on sale B. sell, sale C. sells, on sale D. sells, sale
33. After school, who you school?
A. collect, from B. collects, from C. pick up, to D. picks up, from
34. It’s impossible to somebody.
A. stare to B. stare at C. staring to D. staring at
35. If you read the newspaper, you’ll know what’s in the world.
A. going to B. gone C. going on D. gone to
36. In most primary schools, there are more than because women are likely to be more suitable for this job.
A. woman teachers, man teachers B. women teachers, men teachers
C. man teacher, woman teacher D. men teacher, women teachers