26. Look at _________ calendar. It's June 22.
A. a B. an C. the D./
27. My brother likes painting. It's one of _________ hobbies.
A. my B. her C. his D. your
28. There's an important football match today. I _________ miss it.
A. may B. can't C. must D. needn't
29. Could you please take my picture? Here is my _________.
A. printer B. radio C. player D. camera
30. Mom, I'm very _________ for all your love.
A. thankful B. careful C. useful D. helpful
31. I _________ the shops. Can I get you anything?
A. go to B. went to C. have gone to D. am going to
32. Paula is pleased that she _________ her lost watch.
A. finds B. found C. has found D. will find
33. The movie covers all of Chinese history. It is _________ worth seeing again.
A. mainly · B. really C. possibly D. hardly
34. We're proud that China _________ stronger and stronger these years.
A. will become B. became C. is becoming D. was becoming
35. This food is free. You don't have to _________ it.
A. look for B. pay for C. ask for D. wait for
36. Grace _________ this game every time we play.
A. wins B. won C. will win D. has won
37. I saw Jeff in the park. He _________ on the grass and reading a book.
A. sits B. sat C. is sitting D. was sitting
38. Everybody _________ deeply after they heard the story.
A. moves B. moved C. is moved D. was moved
39. －It's important for us to know _________ all the subjects.
－Yeah, group work is my favorite.
A. how to study B. when to study C. which to study D. what to study
40. －Could you tell me _________?
－Talking about festivals.
A. how they are playing B. what they are doing
C. where they are going D. why they are practicing
A teacher was giving a talk to his students on stress(压力) management. He raised a glass of water and asked them, 'How 41 do you think this glass of water is?'
The students began to think and 42 . Their answers are different, from 20g to 500g.
'It does not matter on the real 43 . It depends on how long you hold it. If I hold it for a 44 it is OK. If I hold it for an hour, I will have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you will have to call a 45 . It is the exact same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes. What we have to do is to put the glass down, 46 for a while before holding it up again.'
'If we carry our burdens (ffi.1E!) 47 sooner or later, we will not be able to carry on. Theburden will become increasingly heavier. We have to 48 the burden every now and then, so that we can be refreshed and are able to carry on.'
So 49 you return home from work tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't cariy it back home. You can pick it up tomorrow.
Whatever burdens you have, let them d wn for a moment if you can. And learn to 50 ourselves.
Life is short but amazing. Enjoy it!
41.A. heavy B. full C. much D. long
42. A. read B. watch C. guess D. listen
43. A. glass B. weight C. water D. height
44. A. minute B. night C. day D. week
45. A. mother B. teacher C. doctor D. friend
46. A. rest B. shake C. look D. work
47. A. this time B. some other time C. next time D. all the time
48. A. give up B. put down C. pick up D. think about
49. A. after B. since C. before D. until
50. A. save B. help C. care D. relax
One day after school, I went to the teacher's office to see my teacher, but nobody was there. As I was about to leave, I noticed a piece of paper on the floor. I picked it up and saw the words 'FINAL-TERM EXAMINATION' at the top. I put the paper into my school bag secretly and ran out of the room.
After I came back home, I took out the paper quickly. It was the exam paper of my worst subject, History. I felt excited. My heart beat fast. I took out my History book and started working on the answer. I had never answered any questions so seriously.
On the day of the History exam, I went into the exam hall confidently. When the paper was sent to me, I dreamt of getting the highest mark in the whole grade and could not help smiling. 'My History teacher always encouraged me to work hard and get better grades, but I let him down time and time again. This time I will give him a big urprise,' I thought.
When the teacher said we could start, I turned the paper over. To my surprise, all the questions were different. Later I felt nervous. In the end, I almost left the paper undone. After the ex m. I ran to the toilet, took out the paper and carefully read it from the top. Oh! It was last year's exam paper. I read all the questions but I hadn't read the date.
This is a lesson in which I know I have to put my feet on the ground. I regretted doing such a silly thing. After that, I told my teacher the truth and I promised to be honest. From then on, I worked harder than ever before.
51. The writer went to the teacher's office to _________.
A. take an exam B. see his teacher
C. get his school bag D. ask some questions
52. The writer always _________ in his History exams.
A. got high marks B. did silly things
C. let his teacher down D. left the paper undone
53. The writer felt _________ when he first saw all the questions were different.
A. surprised B. excited C. nervous D. crazy
54. When did the writer know it was last year's exam paper?
A. Before he read all the questions. B. As soon as he returned home.
C. Until he went into the teacher's office. D. After he read the paper in the toilet.
55. What might the writer write in his diary?
A. I'm glad that I did very well in the exam. I gave my teacher...
B. After the exam, my teacher asked me to go to his office. My heart...
C. When I turned over the paper, I couldn't help smiling. My teacher...
D. I'm truly sorry for what I did. Everyone should be honest. I'll ...