一、单项填空 在A、B、C、D四个选项中, 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并将该选项填入答题卷上相应的空格内。(本大题共14分，每小题1分)
1. --- What do you think of _______ film Big Hero 6?
--- Oh, it's _______ exciting film and the hero Baymax really touched me.
A. the; a B. a; the C. the; an D. a; an
2. Simon is crazy about football. He has been a member of the Football Club _______ last year.
A. for B. after C. since D. before
3. The fish _______ for some time. You’d better cook them at once.
A. has died B. has been dead C. have died D. have been dead
4. --- Must I return the book this week?
--- No, you _______. You can _______ it for 20 days.
A. mustn’t; keep B. needn’t; borrow C. needn’t; keep D. mustn’t; lend
5. Can you give me _______ on how to learn English well? I need your help.
A. some advice B. any advice C. some advices D. an advice
6. My father _______ dinner at restaurants last year, but now he usually comes back home from
work and cooks supper for us.
A. used to have B. is used to have C. was used to have D. is used to having
7. --- Would you mind _______ me the way to Times Square?
--- _______. I’m new here.
A. to show; Of course not. B. showing; I’m afraid not
C. to showing; Not at all D. showing; Never mind
8. J.K. Rowling finished the first Harry Potter book in 1995 but it wasn’t _______ in the very
A. great successful B. a great success C. a great successful D. great success
9. You can only borrow two books _______ if you don’t have a library card.
A. on time B. in time C. from time to time D. at a time
10. --- My aunt _______ S ingapore for a holiday.
--- It’s a beautiful country. I _______ there twice.
A. has gone to; have gone B. has been to; have been
C . has gone to; have been to D. has gone to; have been
11. _______ honest the boy was! All the students told a lie _______ him.
A. How; with B. What an; except
C. How; except D. What; with
12. Do you know the UK is _______ four different countries?
A. made from B. made up of C. made of D. made in
13. Daniel doesn’t know who _______ this history book.
A. to talk about B. talk to about
C. to talk to about D. talk about to
14. --- Lily, you’re so kind to help me. Thanks a lot.
A. Certainly not. B. My pleasure. C. With pleasure. D. Take it easy.
Mr. Black loved his daughter Helen very much. Every day he spent all of his free time 1
with her. One night, he had much work to do, 2 couldn't play with his daughter. In order to keep her 3 , he found a map of the world in a magazine and cut it into pieces. When he 4 , Helen came running to him and was ready to play. Mr. Black said he had 5 time to play with her now. He told the girl to put the pieces of paper back together to a map of the world, and then they could both play.
About half an hour later, Helen came to her father and said, 'Okay, it's finished. Can we play now? 'Mr. Black was surprised and said, 'That's 6 . Let's go and see.' And sure enough, there was the picture of the world, all put together, every 7 in its place.
Mr. Black said, 'That's surprising! 8 did you do that?' Helen said, 'It was 9 . On the back of the page was a picture of a 10 . When I put the man together, the whole world fell into place. '
( ) 1. A. working B. running C. playing D. walking
( ) 2. A. or B. and C. but D. then
( ) 3. A. sleepy B. warm C. free D. busy
( ) 4. A. left home B. got home C. left the office D. got to the office
( ) 5. A. no B. enough C. much D. some
( ) 6. A. right B. wrong C. possible D. impossible
( ) 7. A. map B. picture C. piece D. page
( ) 8. A. How B. Why C. When D. Where
( ) 9. A. hard B. simple C. difficult D. different
( ) 10. A. boy B. girl C. man D. woman
Will you trust your friends if you can’t see anything? If you are falling, do you believe they will catch you and help you stand up? Our teacher helped us to get the answer.
One day, Mr. Morrie came into the classroom and said he had a game for us to try. He grouped us into two teams. One student from the first group, stood in front of us with his eyes closed, and then fell backwards(向后地). The second group stood behind him. Before he fell on the floor, they should catch him and not let him get hurt. Most of us were uncomfortable with this. We were afraid that they wouldn’t catch us and we would hit the floor. So we didn’t move. We just stood there and laughed in embarrassment(尴尬地).
Finally, one student, a thin, quiet, dark-haired girl called Sarah, decided to move. She crossed her arms in front of her body, closed her eyes, and slowly fell backwards. She looked quiet but brave.
For a moment, I was sure that she was going to fall on the floor. But before she hit the floor, the other students caught her, held her and finally helped her stand up.
“Whoa!!” We were all surprised, and also encouraged(受鼓舞的). The girl was happy, too. Seeing this, Morrie smiled and said to the girl, “When you close your eyes, you can’t see anything. You won’t feel safe. When you are falling, the feeling gets stronger. You are not sure if you will hit the cold, hard floor or the warm, soft hands of your friends. But if you are brave enough to trust them, they will not let you down.”
4. What is Morrie?
A. A student. B. A teacher. C. A manager. D. A farmer.
5. What did the writer think of the girl?
A. Careful. B. Active. C. Quiet but brave. D. Careless.
6. Why did the students feel encouraged?
A. They felt they could trust each other. B. They could stop the game finally.
C. They wanted to do something else. D. They thought they won the game.
A habit is an action that we have acted so often that it becomes something we do almost without thinking. Some of them are not good habits. People spend many hours and dollars each year trying to give up(放弃) these bad habits but often fail. Why? Change is hard work and there is no shortcut to get it. However, there are still some suggestions（建议）for you to follow.
First, look at why you do it. In other words, what’s the result of doing this thing? If your bad habit is shouting at people when you are unhappy or under pressure(压力), what do you get from it? It may make you feel a little better for the moment. Or maybe you have a bad habit of not finishing your homework. The result could be that you get more time to spend on the Internet!
Next, take a look on the other hand. What are you losing because of you r habit? Shouting at other people is a bad habit because it makes people around you feel bad and unhappy. Not finishing you homework is a bad habit because you may be punished(惩罚) by your teacher. Having more Internet time means that you are losing the chance to learn the things you need to learn. When you think that way, you’ll find that it’s not wise to keep your bad habit! Now it is time to make a decision(决定). What will you choose? I’m sure you will choose to do something that is more important.
7. From the first paragraph, we know that _______.
A. it’s not easy to break bad habits B. we must change all the habits we have
C. a habit is a terrible thing we can never change D. we can easily change bad habits
8. The underlined sentence “there is no shortcut to get it” means that _______.
A. something dangerous may happen B. there is a long way and a short way
C. it is not easy to give up bad habits D. we must cut bad habits in a short time
9. According to the passage, if you want to give up your habits, you have to _______.
A. talk to others B. know why you do it and what you’ll lose
C. finish your homework first D. spend less time on the Internet
10. The best title for this passage is _______.
A. A bad habit B. Change the habit C. Give up bad habits D. A good habit
Scientists sai d that in the past 100 years, as the global(全球的) temperatures went up by 0.74℃, the temperature in North China has climbed 1.4℃ in only 50 years.
China needs to cut down carbon dioxide(二氧化碳) emission(排放)，because it’s the main reason for global warming. The good news is that China has seen the importance of going green. China has decided to cut energy use down by 20% and pollution emission by 10% in the 11th Five-Year Plan.
Can you slow down global warming? Sure! You and your family can take action.
Here are some pieces of advice to help you save the earth.
Wear used clothes. It means that you save the energy when you wear your brother’s, sister’s or dad’s old T-shirts.
Change your light bulbs(灯泡). Use energy-saving light bulbs. Don’t forget to turn off the lights when you leave a room and turn off your television and computer when they are not in use!
Take a bus. Taking a bus saves a lot of oil(石油) every year.
Say no to plastic bags. The next time your parents go to the market, ask them to use baskets.
Open the windows.
Don’t often use the air conditioner(空调). Let some fresh air in. When you have to use the conditioner, set the temperature higher in summer and lower in winter to save energy.
五、词汇运用 根据句意和中文注释，在答题卷相应的横线上，写出所给单词的正确形式。 (本大题共8分，每小题1分)
1. The more books you read, the richer ____________ (know) you will get.
2. Next week it will be his grandfather’s ____________ (ninety) birthday.
3. The UK is a ____________ (Europe) country. Like China, it also has a long history.
4. Cutting down too many trees makes it ____________ (possible) for people to protect wild animals
in the world.
5. The rain kept beating ____________ (撞，碰) the windows, and the little girl looked so sad.
6. We all look forward to ____________ (实现) our dreams by taking online tours.
7. Her friend ____________ (嫁) a world-famous football player last year.
8. I really hope to go abroad for getting more traveling ____________ (经历).
1. When I was a child, I once dreamed of __________ (receive) a letter from the queen in the UK.
2. ---Is everybody here?
---No, sir. Jim and Mike ____________ (not arrive) yet. They are still on their way.
3. ---I didn’t see you at Susan’s birthday party yesterday evening. Why?
---Because I ____________ (wait) for a call from my best friend in Hong Kong.
4. Now most teenagers refuse ______ (communicate) with th eir parents when they have problems.
5. You have to walk home or take a taxi because the last bus __________ (leave) ten minutes ago.
6. No one is sure what ____________ (happen) to himself next minute.
7. ---Tom doesn’t look well. What’s wrong?
---He ____________ (catch) a bad cold.
8. Please don’t play with your mobile phones while we ______ (have) such an important meeting.
Has the teacher told us ________ ________ ________ ________ our homework?
2. Sandy 多久用一次电脑搜索信息？
________ ________does Sandy use her computer to ________ ________ information?
They were ________ ________ after a busy day’s work.
When looking at these old photos, the old man _______ _______ ______ ______ his childhood.
He half a year.
It’s very important as often as possible.