21. --- Have you seen ________ girl play around?
--- Oh, do yo u mean girl over there behind the tree?
A. A; a B. The; the C. The; a D. A; the
22. Jill _______ take a bus to work. But now she _______ walking to work because she wants to keep fit.
A. was used to; used to B. got used to; is used to
C. used to; is used to D. used to; used to
23. The old woman lives ________ in the ________ house.
A. alone; lonely B. alone; alone C. lonely; lonely D. lonely; alone
24. --- What a beautiful car! When ________ you ________ it?
--- I ________ it for two years.
A. did; buy; have bought B. did; buy; have had
C. have; bought; have bought D. have; bought; have had
25. Father put the ladder(梯子)_________ the tree to pick the apples for me.
A. against B. on C. above D. over
26. Look! __________ high speed the car is __________! It’s so dangerous.
A. How; moving B. What; moving C. How; moving at D. What; moving at
27. --- Must I return the book this week?
--- No, you ____________. You can ____________ it for 20 days.
A. mustn’t; keep B. needn’t; borrow C. needn’t; keep D. mustn’t; lend
28. --- _________ has he taught in the school?
---Since he left the college.
A. How long B. How often C . How soon D. How far
29. ---It’s a long time we last met. How is everything going?
---Well, I am living a happy life.
A. when B. since C. after D. while
30. Mary had few close friends. So she didn’t know ________ about the problems.
A. who to talk B. who to talk to C. who to say D. what to talk
31.---Have you ever watched You who came from the star?
---________. I plan to watch it on the Internet this Sunday.
A. Ever B. Never C. Yet D. Already
32. The twins look the same, but they are really different.
A. at a time B. from time to time C. by the way D. in some ways
33. ---When will the plane ___________?
--- In an h our.
A. reach B. arrive in C. get to D. arrive
34. Nobody except Tom and Millie ____ that park before. Only they can be our guides.
A. have been to B. has been to C. has gone to D. have gone to
35. I haven’t decided _________ these books yet.
A. what to do with B. how to do with C. do with D. to do with
36. ---I’m always afraid of giving a speech in front of the class.
--- You can do it well.
A. I’m sorry to hear that. B. Take it easy.
C. You are too nervous. D. Good luck.
For many people, going on holidays has become part of their life. But some people are 37 about the travel price. Can we still pay for traveling 38 spending too much money?
We talk to some people to get some useful 39 . They all agree that making a good plan is very 40 . They say if you want to travel by yourself, 41 you go traveling you may want to spend less money. And then you should think about the following things.
Cheap does not always mean 42 quality(质量). Spend some time studying about a hotel or the place you want to go.
Driving a car may not be the 43 choice because sometimes you should pay more money for that.
Walk the further mile. You get to know a town or a city 44 on foot as you can stop anywhere and anytime. And the locals(居民) may be your best 45 . Sometimes they tell better stories than tour guides.
You can always 46 the bus if you are interested in something when you travel. So if you don’t want to walk, just take the bus. You can see people’s life in the city.
37. A. excited B. happy C. worried D. glad
38. A. with B. not C. and D. without
39. A. advice B. idea C. plans D. piece
40. A. helpless B. important C. easy D. bad
41. A. before B. after C. if D. as soon as
42. A. high B. good C. low D. nice
43. A. good B. bad C. best D. nice
44. A. worse B. better C. little D. less
45. A. workers B. teachers C. doctors D. guides
46. A. get on B. get off C. get in D. get out of
Martin Lynch, an American businessman, had bee n going on vacation to a small Mexican fishing village for a number of years. One morning while going for a walk along the beach, he saw his friend Pablo Perez, a local fisherman. Martin watched Pablo unload the fish from his boat and pack the fish in a box.
Martin noticed Pablo was smiling and looked very happy. He could also see several large fish in the boat. Martin greeted Pablo and asked how long it took to catch the fish. “Just a few hours,” replied Pablo. Martin asked, “Why didn’t you stay longer and catch more fish?” “I have enough for my family,” Pablo said. “And How do you spend the rest of your day?” asked Martin. “I take a nap, play with my children, spend time with my wife, and go into the village to see my friends and play cards, I have a full and busy life.” Martin explained that if Pablo worked longer hours and caught more fish, he could make more money. With the extra（额外的）money, Pablo could buy more boats and catch many more fish. By selling the fish, Pablo could open his own factory and sell direct to supermarkets.
“Then what?” asked Pablo. “Well you would probably have to move to Mexico City to run the business. Finally, you would be able to sell your business and make millions of dollars,” replied Martin. “How long will that take?” asked Pablo.
Martin thought for a while and said it would probably take at least 15 years.
“And then what?” asked Pablo.
“Well, that’s the best part,” Martin said. “You will be able to retire(退休), buy a house near the sea, sleep longer, play with your children, spend more time with your wife, see your friends, and play cards.”
52. What makes the Mexican fisherman happy is ______________.
A. many friends to visit him B. a full and busy life
C. more boats and more fish D. the house near the sea
53. How can the fisherman make more money in the businessman’s view（观点）?
A. By buying a supermarket. B. To move to Mexico City.
C. By selling his own business. D. To work longer and catch more fish.
54. The underlined word “unload” in the passage means ____________.
A. 分发 B. 装进 C. 卸载 D. 出售
55. We can infer(推理) from the passage that ____________.
A. the fisherman will stay the same with his life
B. the fisherman will leave the village for Mexico City
C. the business man will buy the fisherman’s boat
D. it takes all day for the fisherman to catch large fish
56. What is the story mainly about?
A. A businessman and a fisherman have become friends.
B. A businessman learns how to fish from a fisherman.
C. A businessman wants to become a businessman.
D. A businessman gives advice to a fisherman.
1. Her sister has been (在国外)for further study for years.
2. I like Chinese art and I want to learn more (知识) about it.
3. We had a few wonderful ( 经历 ) in that country several years ago.
4. Wuxi isn’t his hometown, so he has few _________ (亲戚) there.
5. Has he ___________ (收到)a letter from his pen-friend from Britain since last Friday?
6. I am surprised that a cow has four ______________ (stomach).
7. It’s _____________ (possible) for dogs to fly. Stop daydreaming, Eddie.
8. Her husband has been (die) for over three years.
9. The policemen’s ___________ (wife) are always busy with their housework.
10. He is the ____________ (ugly) person I have ever seen, but he is very kind-hearted.
1. When Tom got home, his parents ______________ (discuss) the traveling plan happily.
2. The blackboard is nice and clean now. Who ___________ (clean) it for the teacher?
3. Do you mind ___________ (wait) for me outside the room? It’s too crowded in it.
4. I think Wuxi, our hometown, (be) more beautiful in two years. Do you agree?
5. ---I’m afraid you can’t park your car in front of our school. Look at the sign, please.
---Sorry, I ____________ (not see) it.
6. They are talking about which book ____________ (read) first in the Reading Club.
7. All the people look so sad because they ___________ (not find) the missing plane.
8. The pop star refused ___________(accept ) an interview from the TV station.
9. ---Sandy, I can’t find your father?
--- Oh, He ______________ (tie) something to the big trees in fro nt of my house.
10. Listen! How beautiful the music ___ (sound)!
It may be dangerous __________________________ some online friends by E-mail.
He a famous writer before.
I ___ the book, because it was so wonderful.
Listening to music can help us .
The two lost children ___ at last.
After a short break, the man ___ the river.
How are you? This week we did a project on the history of London.
My grandfather said that London in the 1950s was a terrible place to live because the air pollution was so bad. There were many factories and they caused a lot of smoke. This smoke caused heavy black fog in the sky. The people of London called this “smog”.
Sometimes the smog was so thick that people could not see at all. Taxis and buses could not go anywhere as it was too dangerous to drive. The smog was also harmful to people’s health.
In 1965, the government made new laws about the po llution, and the air got much cleaner. Today it is clean and we never see smog in London, and now people find that it is not difficult to breathe any more.
Since the 1950s, people from all over the world have come to live in London. My grandfather says that this is one of the best changes. Now he can eat food from India, China, Italy and Germany in his neighbourhood.
I like living in London today, and I am happy to have friends from all over the world.
Write back soon.
2. 无锡有许多自然景观，因太湖(Tai Lake)而出名，过去许多工厂经常向湖里倾倒废弃物；